To investigate the roles of nano-particles, fine particles or aerosols on the plants and agricultural system.. Since 2008, our group has been collaborating with researchers from School of Agriculture, as well as from external institutions.
- (2010-) Development of an aerosol collector/sampler technique for modeling the deposition of particles on to plant leaves
- (2010-2011) Nanometer structure to on-site detection of pesticides.
Collaborators: > Plant Ecochemicals Research Center (Eniwa, Hokkaido) and Kanagawa Industrial Technology Center (Ebina, Kanagawa)
- (2008-) Designing a vegetations/plant-growth chamber with natural sunlight: Modeling and Experiments
- (2008-) Deposition of submicron particles from the gas-phase onto the leaf surface
* Model materials: (Black) Carbon, Sulfate/sulphate
> TUAT School of Agriculture (Izuta Lab, Funada Lab, …)
> Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute,
> School of Agriculture, Hokkaido Univ.,
> Japan Atomic Energy Agency
> Institut Teknologi Bandung
> a MEXT project: Aerosols-Plants (2008-2013) > www.tuat.ac.jp/~aerosol/
RELATED PRODUCTS:Some of these products are commercially available
* Sub-micron (100-300 nm) aerosol deposition system (2010)
* Plant-growth system with sub-micron aerosol particles generator(2009)
* Nanoparticles aerosol generator (size below 100 nm) (2007)
- RELATED JOURNAL ARTICLES (see also Recent Articles in the menu)
- 2014: エアロゾル研究 特別号「粒子人間植物影響」, https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/browse/jar/29/S1/_contents/-char/ja/ Special issue of project “Aerosols to Human and Plants”.
- Effects of long-term exposure to ammonium sulfate particles on growth and gas exchange rates of Fagus crenata, Castanopsis sieboldii, Larix kaempferi and Cryptomeria japonica seedlings,
Atmospheric Environment (by Masahiro Yamaguchi, Yoko Otani, Peiran Li, Hiroshi Nagao, I. Wuled Lenggoro, Atsushi Ishida, Kenichi Yazaki, Kyotaro Noguchi, Satoshi Nakaba, Kenichi Yamane, Katsushi Kuroda, Yuzou Sano, Ryo Funada and Takeshi Izuta) 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2014.01.023
- Effects of black carbon particles on growth and gas exchange rates of Fagus crenata, Castanopsis sieboldii, Larix kaempferi and Cryptomeria japonica seedlings (2012)
- Optical method for measuring deposition amount of black carbon particles on foliar surface (2012)
- Visualization of artificially scattered submicron-sized aerosol particles on the surfaces of leaves and needles in trees (2012)
- Effect of motorcycle exhaust gas and road dust to growth of corn crop (Zea mays) (submitted 2012)
- Electrostatic deposition of aerosols generated from an aqueous nanopowder suspension on a chemically treated substrate. (2010) Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. PDF-Free
- A colloidal route to detection of organic molecules based on surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) using nanostructured substrate derived from aerosols. Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 2011 (Abstract & Full-TextPDF-Free
(2010) Clarification of the effects of aerosol particles on forest tree species and its species difference. Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas (No. 4003), Impacts of Aerosols in East Asia on Plants and Human Health, Research Report 2009 Izuta, T., Ishida, A., Yazaki, K., Noguchi, K., Lenggoro, W. and Yamaguchi, M. (March, 2010), 53-56.
Sofyan, A. Munfarida, I, Sudirja, R, Lenggoro, W., Effect of Organic and Inorganic Particulates to Corn Crops, Proceeding of 4th Environmental Technology and Management Conference, Bandung, 3-4 November 2011 (2011).
- 2010 Oct.8: Best Poster Paper Award (Category: Clean Energy Systems and The Environment) for “A plant-growth chamber system for the exposure to submicron aerosol particles” (Lenggoro, Gen, Lim, Ikawa, Yamaguchi, Izuta), 13th Asia Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering Congress, Taipei.
- 2011 April 7: As Graduate students, M. Gen and F.Y. Lim, received a Certificates of commendation from TUAT president, respectively, for their works on Design and fabrication of aerosol system for plants-growth chamber as “Best Poster Paper at 13th APPChe”.