During 1995-2006, some novel methods for preparing nano-particles and fine particles have been developed (Okuyama-Lenggoro group, Hiroshima University). At TUAT (Tokyo), since 2007 we have been focusing on mixing- and heating-processes during particle synthesis as well as the driving forces of size reduction during the particle formation.
Below are some examples of our projects.
(2007-…) Comparison of synthesis methods of micron-sized powders : Liquid- vs. Solid-sources
(2008-…) A solid-state synthesis method concurrently with size-reduction of product powder.
(2008-…) Development of aerosol particle generator with nano- and submicro-meter size
(2009-…) Maximizing heat transfer efficiency in materials synthesis
* MODEL MATERIALS:
> Titania/Titanium dioxide nanopowder,
> Barium titanate,
> Oxides for Lithium ion battery material.
> Al-doped ZnO; for solar-cell panel >> Patent: 出願番号2011-06870, 2011/3/25 and 特許公開2012-204673 (2012/10/22) 直列接続型ソーラーセル及びソーラーセルシステム (by 鮫島 俊之 + ５名)
…Some of these products are commercially available
* Sub-micron (100-300 nm) aerosol generator system (2010)
* Nanoparticles aerosol generator (size below 100 nm) (2007)
REVIEW ARTICLES, etc.
* Technical term related to the Feature Articles: Application of aerosol processes in particle synthesis and assembly, Earozoru Kenkyu, 25(2), 166 (2010). >> pdf
* Preparation of nanoparticles by electrospray method (in Japanese), Journal of the Society of Powder Technology, Japan 47 (4), 45-51 (2010)
* Powder Technology in Electronics (in Japanese), Kagaku Sochi (Chemical Equipments), 5, 43-48 (2009)
* Functionalization of Nanomaterials by Particle Processing Using Spray Methods (in Japanese),Micromeritics (2009) >> PDF-free. 噴霧法を用いた粒子プロセスにおけるナノ材料の機能化（解説記事）
* Application of electrosprays to synthesis and measurement of nanoparticles (in Japanese) J. Aerosol Res., 20(2) 116-1222 (2005) > PDF
* “Preparation of Nanoparticles by Spray Routes” in: Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2nd Edition) Vol. X, American Scientific Publishers, pp. 1-24 (2011)
RELATED JOURNAL ARTICLES
* Investigation of Gene Expression of MMP-2 and TIMP-2 mRNA in Rat Lung in Inhaled Nickel Oxide and Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles
(a work with University of Occupational and Environmental Health)
Industrial Health (2011). @pubmed >> pdf
* One-step synthesis of silica-coated magnetite nanoparticles by electrooxidation of iron in sodium silicate solution
by: H. Setyawan, F. Fajaroh, W. Widiyastuti, S. Winardi, I. W. Lenggoro, N. Mufti
Journal of Nanoparticle Research, Vol. 14, No. 4. (1 April 2012), pp. 1-9, doi:10.1007/s11051-012-0807-7